Write A Report Depicting Your Analysis Of Historical Crime Data For A Specific Category Of Crime Or Criminal Issue. Focus Your Research On One Component Of The Criminal Justice System (I.E., Law Enforcement, Courts, Or Corrections)
For this assignment, write a report depicting your analysis of historical crime data for a specific category of crime or criminal issue. Focus your research on one component of the criminal justice system (i.e., law enforcement, courts, or corrections). The data and charts you develop may be used in your Final Paper. For this assignment, you will
- Present national data and trends based on the FBI’s Uniform Crime Reporting (Links to an external site.) and/or the Bureau of Justice Statistics’ Data Collection: National Crime Victimization Survey (NCVS) (Links to an external site.); another comparable nationally recognized database, such as The Campus Safety and Security Data Analysis Cutting Tool on the U.S. Department of Education’s The Tools You Need for Campus Safety and Security Analysis (Links to an external site.); or, for an international perspective, you may present data available at the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime’s Crime & Criminal Justice (Links to an external site.) web page.
- Present graphical statistical crime data for a specific category of crime from three comparably sized cities, counties, or states from three different regions of the country (e.g., Indianapolis, Austin, and San Francisco, etc. This information should be found on official government websites.)
- Develop questions you would like to address based on the data you retrieved. (Note: You do not have to answer these questions for this assignment.) What crime prevention programs or initiatives are available to potentially address the crime or criminal justice issue? (Note: You are working through Step 18 in Crime Analysis for Problem Solvers in 60 Small Steps. (Links to an external site.))
If you choose to write a report, graphically display the statistical data developed for three comparable cities, counties, or states. Incorporate national statistics for comparison. You must include an introduction that presents the focus of the project for analysis. Your report must be at least five pages in addition to the title page and references page. Your assessment may be in bullet or paragraph format below the graphic display. Make sure you standardize your data (usually 1:1000; 1:10,000; or 1: 100,000) and incorporate the scale in a key for each chart.The Statistical Analysis paper or presentation
- Must be at least five double-spaced pages (if writing a paper) or at least 10 double-spaced slides (if creating a presentation) in length (not including title and references pages or slides) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the University of Arizona Global Campus Writing Center’s APA Style (Links to an external site.) or How to Make a PowerPoint Presentation (Links to an external site.)
- Must include a separate title page or slide with the following:
- Title of paper, project, etc.
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- 2 days ago