Module 03 Content
Top of Form
Imagine you have been asked to speak to a group of parents about promoting self-esteem in school-age children. You need to research the topic and prepare a visually appealing PowerPoint slideshow to accompany your presentation. Your PowerPoint slideshow will need to:
0. Have a title slide.
1. Contain 5-10 content slides that include Speaker Notes which provide supporting details to use when elaborating on the slide contents.
2. Address the following questions:
3. How does level of self-esteem typically change during middle childhood? What factors contribute to this change?
4. What are some influences on school-age children’s self-esteem?
5. Does very high self-esteem always have positive effects on children’s adjustment? Why or why not?
6. What are the typical consequences of low self-esteem?
7. What are some other strategies that parents and teachers can use to promote children’s self-esteem? What behaviors should adults avoid, and why?
8. Be written using proper spelling/grammar.
9. Cite at least 3 academic references and present the sources in APA format on a References slide.
For information about creating PowerPoint presentations or how to add Speaker Notes, consult the resources below.
Bottom of Form