Prevention of Challenging Behaviors
Prior to beginning work on this discussion, read Setting Up your Classroom to Prevent Challenging Behaviors (Links to an external site.).
After reading Chapters 7 and 8 of the course text, and the resource listed above, choose one of the following topics to address within your discussion prompt this week:
· Physical space (environment)
· Schedules, procedures, and transitions
Once you have selected a topic, discuss the items you must consider about your chosen topic when working to prevent challenging behaviors in young children, 2 and 3 years of age. Additionally, share how you will promote prevention in your classroom. Based on your choice, address the following prompts below:
· Physical space (environment): Describe three factors to consider when you are arranging the physical environment of your classroom.
· Schedules, procedures, and transitions: Describe three techniques for easing transitions.
· Curriculum: Explain how one of the curricula described in Chapter 8 may prevent challenging behavior.
· Make sure to cite the class text in your response.