Ancient history homework help
Please write a paper on the topic of persecution of Kirishitans in Japan.
Step 1: Skim through the following article (especially the part with hi-lites) to learn about the missionary works and slavery in Asia.
Step 2: Research about the relationship between the slavery and Portugal’s maritime expansion in the 15th and 16th century. Learn how Goa and Macau came under their control.
Step 3: Write a paper by articulating on the following points. Please make sure your writing flows as a coherent piece of argument and do not attempt to answer each topic separately.
• Identify the strategy the Portuguese & the Jesuits’ took to expand their influence in Asia.
• Research and make an educated speculation as to why Tokugawa bakufu eliminated Kirishitans from Japan.
• Discuss what role you think the Kirishitan persecution played in Japan’s history.
– Your paper’s title is “Contemplation on the Persecution of Christianity in Japan”
– Keep it to 500-600 words total. Use Word for its word count function.
– Please do not use direct quotations from the article (unless it is just a phrase or two) since it is a short paper. Please refer to facts and ideas from other sources by rephrasing or summarizing them with your own words. Use only the author’s last name and page number to indicate your source. No bibliography needed.
Example: “In Sugano’s observation, Yoritomo’s relentless attempt to eliminate potential rivals, including his own brothers, contributed to the short span of Minamoto shogun dynasty in the Kamakura period. (Sugano: p134)” “According to a view shared on Wikipedia website, Shimabara was not a Christian uprising but an uprising of starving peasants against a harsh taxation policy.”
– The paper will be checked for plagiarism through the school’s computer system.